At Cengage, we are harnessing the power of tech to build a future where all learners have the tools and confidence to achieve their goals.
As a Cengage employee, you will blaze a new trail to transform the way people learn. Collaborating with the best of the best, you will feel challenged and inspired to do breakthrough work. With the support of our united team, there is no limit to what you can imagine, create and set in motion.
We set the bar higher by bringing our unique talents and point of view to the table every day. We are curious and comfortable with change and are willing to take risks to transform education. Most importantly, with everything we do, we put learning first.
98% of the top 120 U.S. universities have access to Gale resources. Would you like to join our team to help ensure K-12 students are future ready? Our Education Sales Consultant (Inside Sales) is a great next step in your Sales or Account Management career. The inside sales team is an important component of the K12 sales team, responsible for creating and closing opportunities in a geographic territory. As a member of our inside sales team, you’ll need to be eager and excited about increasing the number of schools and districts leveraging Gale’s digital content to support their curriculum. You will be part of a professional, intellectual, and creative culture that offers opportunities for advancement to those who excel.
This Job is for You If You…
· Love learning
· Are self-motivated
· Set the bar higher
· Take ownership for your success
· Identify target accounts through research in CRM system, purchase history reports, and school/district websites.
· Prepare for your calls with the “5-minute challenge”. Quickly identify strategic goals and objectives and key decision makers.
· Make a minimum of 20 new business (hunting) calls per day and spend a minimum of 2 hours per day on new business prospecting calls where you will conduct needs analysis, determine motivation to change, negotiate access to the power sponsor, conduct product demonstrations online and more.
· Create a minimum of two new opportunities per day.
· Create sales quotes and executive summaries.
· Follow up on all marketing leads within 48 hours.
· Document all sales activities in CRM system.
· Monitor your month-to-date, quarter-to-date and year-to-date performance.
· Collaborate with other members of the inside sales team, inside sales leader and other members of the Gale team.
· Manage a geographic territory from our office in Farmington Hills, MI
· A bachelor's degree from an accredited 4-year college or university or equivalent experience
· 1+ years of B2B sales experience, preferably selling SaaS solutions or educational technology via the telephone.
· A proven track record of meeting/exceeding new business goals in a geographic territory.
· Ability to work independently and in an open team environment while meeting or exceeding sales activity goals.
· Experience with Salesforce or other CRM tools.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps.
· A competitive, entrepreneurial spirit.
· Experience with planning, organizing and prioritizing your daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly sales activities.
· Experience adapting to changing and multiple priorities.
Your Chances of Success Increase if You Have:
· Knowledge of current educational trends, state-specific requirements and key organizations within the education space.
· Experience working with schools or school districts.
What Gale/Cengage Offers:
· A competitive salary!
· Uncapped commission plan!
· Healthcare, vision, dental, life insurance, flexible spending and legal coverage available
· Generous vacation and holidays including one volunteer day per year!
· Casual dress environment (jeans are okay!)
· Flexible hours (based on your sales territory)!
· Fun activities such as take your child to workday, take your dog to work day, team lunches, holiday party, chili cook-off, on-site chair massages (for purchase), and more!
· A true team environment where we support each other and work toward goals together!
· On-site café where breakfast and lunch are available for purchase!
· Smart, creative colleagues who are passionate about technology that drives student achievement and engagement!
· Progressive, socially conscious employer who offers you the opportunity to make a difference!
To Learn More About Us:
· Visit us on Twitter: @GaleSchools
· Follow us on LinkedIn