At Cengage, we are harnessing the power of tech to build a future where all learners have the tools and confidence to achieve their goals.
As a Cengage employee, you will blaze a new trail to transform the way people learn. Collaborating with the best of the best, you will feel challenged and inspired to do breakthrough work. With the support of our united team, there is no limit to what you can imagine, create and set in motion.
We set the bar higher by bringing our unique talents and point of view to the table every day. We are curious and comfortable with change and are willing to take risks to transform education. Most importantly, with everything we do, we put learning first.
The Data Analyst, Product Data Analytics will be responsible for delivering data-driven insights across the finance, product, strategy, technology, and legal groups designed to significantly improve Cengage’s Higher Education and Skills product and content development. The Data Analyst will be a critical contributor to the team, focusing on deriving business outcomes from data, driving improvements in data quality, building out new proof of concepts, engaging and communicating analysis to cross-functional teams, and providing analytic and operational support to multiple areas.
Cengage Learning is a collaborative environment. This role will bring data-first thinking to projects that are transformational in nature. The right candidate will possess strategic thinking, effective problem structuring, proven analytical skills, and an ability to influence within diverse teams.
This position is full-time, on-site in one of the following locations: Boston, MA/Mason, OH/Clifton Park, NY.
· Form a deep understanding of Cengage Learning’s product data, processes, systems and tools, while shaping workflow best practices and improving data integrity
· Assist in structuring and executing operational and strategic initiatives by gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses, and developing final recommendations and documentation
· Drive analysis to recommendations to meaningful operating results, such as higher quality, faster cycle times, less costly, etc.
· Capture and communicate findings within broader project structure; maintain healthy project management practices, including work plan development and tracking
To successfully accomplish the above, engage with and on cross-functional teams
· BA/BS with high proven achievement
· Minimum 3 years of experience working directly with complex data systems
· Demonstrated ability to conceive and execute quantitative analysis and deliver data-driven insights
· Outstanding organizational skills and a very strong attention to detail
· Demonstrated writing and verbal presentation skills enabling her/him to prepare and present information and recommendations to a diverse and often senior audience
· Proven commitment to providing excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders; demonstrated willingness to take ownership of customer issues and see them through to resolution
· Collaborative problem solving and working style to drive change through influence
· Able to self-manage progress against milestones and deliverables with a high degree of accountability and personal urgency
· Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite of systems, particularly MS Excel and MS Access
· Experience with successfully navigating and driving change in complex organizations
· Experience with successfully implementing strategic initiatives; collecting, analyzing, and synthesizing large datasets to identify problems and propose solutions
· Prior experience in the publishing or technology industries is beneficial