As part of the Cengage Higher Ed & Skills Strategy team, the Channel team develops and executes Cengage’s channel strategy, optimizing the delivery of our offerings to the market via successful relationships with channel partners, and excellence in channel data analytics and operations.
As a Senior Channel Partnerships Manager, you be responsible for managing and growing strategically important, large accounts, and for providing coaching and mentoring for the rest of the channel management team. In this role, you will collaborate with the Channel strategy and operations team to formulate channel strategy and be responsible for implementing that strategy in key accounts. This position will report to the VP, Channel Strategy and Operations.
- Act as primary owner of accounts within portfolio, coordinating company-wide relationship with a 360-degree view - be Cengage’s #1 go-to person and expert on the account.
- Develop a deep understanding of partners’ strategy, business and interests, vis-à-vis Cengage’s business and interests, and identify shared objectives.
- Cultivate partnerships with channel partners, representing Cengage to partner and partner to Cengage, and collaborating with Cengage executive team to optimize account.
- Negotiate existing and new contracts with assigned partners.
- Ideate and create new ways to drive partnerships in line with company goals and strategy.
- Provide coaching/mentoring to Channel team members.
- Work closely in collaboration with strategy and operations teammates to implement strategic initiatives, and drive account-specific analytical insights and streamlined partner reporting and operations.
- Drive and facilitate partner business review meetings.
- Lead specified channel team and cross-functional projects to deliver on Channel strategy.
- Represent Cengage at conferences/tradeshows