At Gale, a Cengage company, we deliver essential content through the power of technology to help researchers and learners to achieve their goals.
As a Gale employee, you will change the way learners connect with libraries. Together with our partners at libraries and in academic communities around the world, you will play a role in empowering people to become better at school, work and life. Collaborating with the best of the best, you will feel challenged and inspired to do breakthrough work. With the support of our united team, there is no limit to what you can imagine, create and set in motion.
We set the bar higher by bringing our unique talents and point of view to the table every day. We are curious and comfortable with change and are willing to take risks to transform education. Most importantly, with everything we do, we put learning first.
The Gale marketing team is looking for an eCommerce Merchandising Analyst to join our team. This is a contract role that will work with internal teams to implement and manage a new search and merchandising platform within our larger ecommerce ecosystem. The primary focus of the Analyst will be to help deliver a best in class search experience on this new platform. This role will partner regularly with sales, product, marketing, and technology teams to understand business needs and must be knowledgeable enough in marketing technology to then translate those needs to system requirements, seeing them through to successful execution.
Once live, this person will help establish KPIs, key metrics, reports on search performance, and make recommendations for optimizations or testing in order to meet Gale business objectives, with the opportunity to support the end-to-end ecommerce experience in time. A successful candidate will be a data-driven, self-starter that knows the importance of collaboration. This person will be able to tell a story based on data and provide end-user focused insights. This person thrives in a fast-paced environment and is relentless at testing and learning to drive better customer experiences and ultimately sales.
• Provide support to develop requirements and execute on plan to implement new search and merchandising platform, including gathering stakeholder feedback, testing throughout development cycles, and monitoring performance post-launch.
• Coordinate with Marketing Analyst to generate reports and visual dashboards to measure ongoing search performance.
• Identify and analyze performance trends and develop action steps such as recommendations for A/B testing, optimizations and search content strategy.
• Work with sales and marketing teams to support seasonal and annual promotional plans through creation of merchandised pages and related/promoted product additions to existing site.
• Engage with cross-functional subject matter experts and industry resources to incorporate best practices into the ecommerce experience.
• Support Web Marketing Manager in managing end-to-end ecommerce experience, including coordinating with business users and internal development teams to troubleshoot issues, identify opportunities for improvement, and overseeing development work as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Marketing, eCommerce, or related experience.
• 3+ years hands on experience working with ecommerce environments, particularly search and merchandising platforms.
• A proven record of leveraging data and ecommerce performance trends to drive online revenue and a better search experience.
• Strong project management capabilities; ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously under tight time constraints and across multiple cross functional teams/departments.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel and PowerPoint) applications and web analytics (i.e. Google Analytics).
• Ability to make timely decisions, anticipate problems and provide creative solutions.
• Proven analytical and business planning skills.
• The ability to deal with ambiguity, a fast pace and a changing environment.
• A passion for using technology and data to drive better decision making.
• Experience with Bloomreach Search and Merchandising and/or Endeca preferred.
• Knowledge of HTML preferred.