Our Senior Director, Inclusion & Diversity (I&D) is a new role for Cengage and will work across the business to help develop, lead and evolve a multi-year, cross-functional project plan to embed our I&D values into all aspects of our work. The role has an overarching purpose to help evolve our culture so that we;
- enable, support, and incentivize our employees to drive individual impact on I&D topics
- increase the diversity and representation of our workforce population, including how Cengage employees are recruited, hired, developed and provided with promotion/advancement opportunities
- drive more inclusive and diverse perspectives through the products, materials and solutions we provide to our customers.
Are you a trailblazing (creative, agile, self-starter) professional? We are seeking someone with the skill, passion and experience to build and implement I&D programming across a large, matrixed organization. The role will report to Cengage’s CEO, and work in close partnership with Cengage’s EVP & General Counsel.
- Building and executing the plan: In conjunction with an internal I&D Council, develop and lead a detailed strategic roadmap with key partners across Cengage, beginning with a clear first year plan. Map out the strategic workplans, vital resources and associated organizational change required to further embed I&D best practices throughout our employee and customer experiences.
- Maintaining, measuring and supporting the plan: Coordinate and collaborate with I&D working groups and employee cultural ambassadors to advance ongoing initiatives (e.g., Employee Resource Groups, Learning Center of Excellence). Develop critical metrics to assess effectiveness of I&D-related initiatives, training, and communication, relationships and teams. Lead AAP and Diversity Workforce Analytics and resulting action planning. Create and implement tools that support the visibility and clarity of relevant working groups and of the organizational progress toward the I&D vision and goals of Cengage
- Communicating progress: Partner with internal communications, PR, and Marketing to create and manage communication plans to update employees, customers, and other internal/external partners on progress.
- Partnering in evolving and advocating the strategy: Recognize and respond to regional, local and remote employee’s diversity needs, issues and initiatives. Gather feedback from various sources to inform essential changes to deliver the highest impact in embedding I&D within our core culture and operations. Provide consultative support to find opportunities, interventions, and initiatives for improvement. Be a strong voice for I&D internally and in the broader industry community, communicating effectively and regularly with internal and external audiences. Provide support to empower and strengthen our internal communities.
- Cultivating key relationships: Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships across key organizational roles including the Executive Team, HR Leadership Team, Employment Counsel, ERG Sponsors and Co-Chairs, I&D Council members, Product Leadership and employee cultural ambassadors.