Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The ed2go Partner Helpdesk is a one-stop resource for ed2go partner schools, universities, and corporate accounts. Our Partner Support Representatives respond to a high-volume of partner requests via email and phone (over 100 per day) regarding access and operation of online classrooms, partner administration and training sites, and is an expert in all ed2go products and services. Assists partners with maintaining and troubleshooting their various ed2go websites; noting trends, reporting system bugs and inconsistencies, facilitating resolution, and beta testing. Acts as a business liaison, product expert, and advocate for partners and ed2go. Aims for first-contact resolution by thoroughly analyzing and rectifying partner concerns using established procedures with the necessary sense of urgency and follow up. Conducts live training webinars, and creates and maintains training materials for partners for multiple ed2go products.
The right candidate will also manage escalated partner issues with necessary authority, while balancing the needs of our partners, students, and business; ability to see the “big picture” by engaging each concerned department in seek of collaboration in order to determine the best resolution for all involved parties. Helps manage department policies, procedures, and operating structure, setting standards and guidelines for solutions provided to internal and external partners.
Our Senior Director, Inclusion & Diversity (I&D) is a new role for Cengage and will work across the business to help develop, lead and evolve a multi-year, cross-functional project plan to embed our I&D values into all aspects of our work. The role has an overarching purpose to help evolve our culture so that we;
- enable, support, and incentivize our employees to drive individual impact on I&D topics
- increase the diversity and representation of our workforce population, including how Cengage employees are recruited, hired, developed and provided with promotion/advancement opportunities
- drive more inclusive and diverse perspectives through the products, materials and solutions we provide to our customers.
Are you a trailblazing (creative, agile, self-starter) professional? We are seeking someone with the skill, passion and experience to build and implement I&D programming across a large, matrixed organization. The role will report to Cengage’s CEO, and work in close partnership with Cengage’s EVP & General Counsel.
- Building and executing the plan: In conjunction with an internal I&D Council, develop and lead a detailed strategic roadmap with key partners across Cengage, beginning with a clear first year plan. Map out the strategic workplans, vital resources and associated organizational change required to further embed I&D best practices throughout our employee and customer experiences.
- Maintaining, measuring and supporting the plan: Coordinate and collaborate with I&D working groups and employee cultural ambassadors to advance ongoing initiatives (e.g., Employee Resource Groups, Learning Center of Excellence). Develop critical metrics to assess effectiveness of I&D-related initiatives, training, and communication, relationships and teams. Lead AAP and Diversity Workforce Analytics and resulting action planning. Create and implement tools that support the visibility and clarity of relevant working groups and of the organizational progress toward the I&D vision and goals of Cengage
- Communicating progress: Partner with internal communications, PR, and Marketing to create and manage communication plans to update employees, customers, and other internal/external partners on progress.
- Partnering in evolving and advocating the strategy: Recognize and respond to regional, local and remote employee’s diversity needs, issues and initiatives. Gather feedback from various sources to inform essential changes to deliver the highest impact in embedding I&D within our core culture and operations. Provide consultative support to find opportunities, interventions, and initiatives for improvement. Be a strong voice for I&D internally and in the broader industry community, communicating effectively and regularly with internal and external audiences. Provide support to empower and strengthen our internal communities.
- Cultivating key relationships: Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships across key organizational roles including the Executive Team, HR Leadership Team, Employment Counsel, ERG Sponsors and Co-Chairs, I&D Council members, Product Leadership and employee cultural ambassadors.
• Processes and responds to assigned permission requests received via internal and external rights management systems within established departmental timeframes
• Makes decisions on outbound content requests with the guidance and support of the Director of Global IP Optimization
• Documents Global IP Strategy requirements, approvals and exceptions in Cengage systems
• Make sure required legal documentation is completed accurately
• Reviews processes and web forms to ensure they meet the needs of our customers, and suggest alternatives when appropriate
• Responds to customer facing email questions about outbound licensing and can justify decisions about outbound licensing when questioned
• Performs other duties as assigned to meet department goals
As part of a highly collaborative and motivated team dedicated to serving the global Higher Education marketplace with regions in Asia, Australia, Latin America, Canada and EMEA, the Specialist, Sales Operations is responsible for the operational excellence of our sales teams. We are looking for a highly motivated, energetic, analytical and operational Specialist focused on driving efficiency and effectiveness of the International Higher Education sales organization. This role will partner and support translating the strategy, systems, processes, analytics and operations necessary to support a market-leading sales team focused on driving revenue. The position will provide an excellent opportunity to be part of a growing team at an exciting Education Technology & Publishing company going through a transformation in the industry.
- Drive regional engagement with CRM. Embed CRM into the sales organization’s workflow to enable customer discussions, pipeline reporting and targeting key opportunities.
- Drive data integrity, usage and reporting.
- Support and address regional management queries on how CRM works.
- Partner with regional managers to identify needs and develop CRM training.
- Partner with technology team on administration, edits, and improvements to our systems and processes.
- Partner with the regional teams and US channel management to support global contract management, including title and data management and process issues.
- Partner with Sales leadership and Finance on territory builds, sales crediting, and sales reporting.
- Govern and disseminate pricing rules for standardization in collaboration with Sales management and Finance to ensure compliance and standardization
- Partner with Sales, Finance and HR to operationalize annual sales incentive plans
Practicality and Effectiveness
- Conduct ongoing assessments of key Go-to-Market processes to identify opportunities to improve efficiency through technology, process efficiency, or both.
- Leverage new and existing tools to develop reports and processes for Sales teams and Leadership to assess progress against goals,
- Serve as key point for escalations of non-standard process and data requests from both Sales teams and Leadership, working to both provide relevant information as well as broker solutions.
- Collaborate with broader Go-to-Market team to both support and leverage key Sales projects that drive sales with detailed insight, structuring and analysis; drive operational implementation of recommendations after gaining buy-in.
- Partner with digital marketing and business systems regional team members to link, leverage, and manage customer data across all systems and marketing campaigns.
- Lead and support ad hoc analysis and special projects as needed by Product, Sales and Marketing Leadership and other duties as assigned.
As a Software Engineer on the Gale engineering team, you’ll join a highly collaborative and cross functional agile team that serves over 100 Gale products with various front-end and back-end services. As a member of our team, you'll have the opportunity to grow and apply your knowledge, performing full stack development and maintenance for our platform and information services.
- Participate in the design, architecture, and implementation of new features in an Agile environment
- Write effective unit and integration tests for all the code you write.
- Write SQL scripts and stored procedures for the new product definition and product; setup and promote it to different environments.
- Engage with quality assurance engineers and conduct testing of features.
- Build an accessible WCAG compliant UI.
- Perform root cause analysis, technology evaluation, and design spikes.
- Provide and receive constructive feedback through code reviews.
- Help drive the completion of all kinds of work tasks—not just coding.
- Follow Agile practices, including user feedback, daily stand up, pair-programming, test-driven development, user stories, weekly demonstrations, retrospective, Agile roles and timeboxing.
- Assist in planning and brainstorming activities driven by our Product and Technology organizations.
- Investigate and solve complex performance problems, finding ways to scale the platform while simultaneously reducing costs.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate in order to influence colleagues and decisions.
- Demonstrate ability to break down and estimate stories and tasks.
- Demonstrate a continuous improvement mindset regarding processes and work standards.
- Foster cooperation and support and encourage teamwork within project teams.
- Be proactive in seeking out and encouraging cross-functional resources to participate in discussions, meetings, and communications.
The Associate Product Manager is an entry level Product Management (PM) role at Cengage with an expectation that you are ready to independently own the full PM responsibilities within 12-24 months.
Associate PMs serve the same function as PMs for their given product group. Similar, to the Product Manager, the Associate PM is responsible for crafting the product strategy, making product decisions, and leading a cross-functional pod. The APM role differs from the PM role in that there is a larger focus on learning and development. During one’s time in the role, an Associate PM hones the skills and competencies expected of full PMs.
Lead a profitable product line and develop a strategic business plan in partnership with the Product Team Manager. This job ideal candidate can be objective and willing to make hard choices regarding investment prioritization for the good of the overall organization. Ability to:
- use data to make market-informed business proposals, take mitigated risks and inform strategic decisions, translate strategy into organized end-to-end development plans with budgets, resources, performance goals, and key milestones
- execute plans successfully by hitting deadlines and goals
- demonstrate strong communication skills with keen ability to facilitate team meetings, focus groups, interviews, presentations and training
- understand the basic tenants of learning design and theory
- establish yourself as product champion and team leader -- willing to take accountability and ownership
- Understand, analyze, identify, define, and size market segments associated with the assigned portfolio.
- Manage product lifecycle of multiple products simultaneously within scope and budget.
- Fully understand and track all product activity that affects assigned portfolio, including any product launches/enhancements and competitor movement. Develop a keen understanding of all competitors; develop an ability to anticipate competitor activity as it pertains to product medium or subject area.
- Identify and test product ideas within segments, including the administration of focus groups, advisory boards, reviews, customer meetings and sensing as appropriate.
- Regularly analyze product and portfolio plans to align forecasting and measurement of progress towards goals; provide business case for investment decisions. Suggest and monitor production budgets and schedules.
- Partner closely with Marketing and Sales teams to seed and secure adoptions and work closely with colleagues in other functional areas (Development, Production, Marketing, Sales, Technology, etc.
- Makes presentations at company sales meetings, campus visits, and academic conventions in support of sales efforts and to drive sales.
- Oversee inventory management for all Cengage business units—work directly with cross-functional leaders to establish best-in-class inventory management goals, policies and parameters, analysis, and improvement initiatives
- Design new business processes to support improved and accurate integrated forecasting between supply chain, manufacturing, distribution center operations, product finance, sales, and marketing
- Create new ways of working to regularly adjust automated and manual inventory controls to optimize company resources
- Evaluate and pursue business process improvement opportunities based on their fit with broader strategies across the supply chain—e.g., supply network changes, insource/outsource choices, etc.
- Lead critical analysis and implementation across teams on a project basis to help company achieve strategic objectives pertaining to the supply chain
- Drive problem solving during escalations to quickly eliminate inventory problems
- Lead team of inventory analysts, senior analysts, and directors. Create culture of accountability, excellent analysis, cross-functional data gathering and information flow. Implement performance metrics aligned with financial and operational goals
- Drive cultural change beyond the team, infusing an understanding of supply chain methodology and knowledge among other leaders; influencing decisions at all levels of the organization
- Function as member of HES Operations Leadership Team and actively drive culture, communication, efficiency, and effectiveness improvements
- Leverage and manage indirect resources to advance project goals
As an Associate Software Quality Assurance Engineer you will help test software services and mobile applications to ensure that our systems and projects are working as designed (and required). You will learn to apply quality standards followed by our organization, and will assist in the design, development and implementation of test plans. You will also regress bugs (with supervision), and will be given opportunities to help define direction and set goals.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Creates test plans from technical design and/or requirements document with moderate supervision.
- Troubleshoots issues (in QA or on live) as assigned with moderate supervision.
- Executes manual test cases and regresses bugs with supervision.
- Assists in the review of technical documentation.
- Assists in the review of test plans.
- Monitors work of QA vendors.
The Gale marketing team is looking for an eCommerce Merchandising Analyst to join our team. This is a contract role that will work with internal teams to implement and manage a new search and merchandising platform within our larger ecommerce ecosystem. The primary focus of the Analyst will be to help deliver a best in class search experience on this new platform. This role will partner regularly with sales, product, marketing, and technology teams to understand business needs and must be knowledgeable enough in marketing technology to then translate those needs to system requirements, seeing them through to successful execution.
Once live, this person will help establish KPIs, key metrics, reports on search performance, and make recommendations for optimizations or testing in order to meet Gale business objectives, with the opportunity to support the end-to-end ecommerce experience in time. A successful candidate will be a data-driven, self-starter that knows the importance of collaboration. This person will be able to tell a story based on data and provide end-user focused insights. This person thrives in a fast-paced environment and is relentless at testing and learning to drive better customer experiences and ultimately sales.
• Provide support to develop requirements and execute on plan to implement new search and merchandising platform, including gathering stakeholder feedback, testing throughout development cycles, and monitoring performance post-launch.
• Coordinate with Marketing Analyst to generate reports and visual dashboards to measure ongoing search performance.
• Identify and analyze performance trends and develop action steps such as recommendations for A/B testing, optimizations and search content strategy.
• Work with sales and marketing teams to support seasonal and annual promotional plans through creation of merchandised pages and related/promoted product additions to existing site.
• Engage with cross-functional subject matter experts and industry resources to incorporate best practices into the ecommerce experience.
• Support Web Marketing Manager in managing end-to-end ecommerce experience, including coordinating with business users and internal development teams to troubleshoot issues, identify opportunities for improvement, and overseeing development work as needed.
Develop, manage, and retain top sales talent
- Recruit and hire “best in class”, field-based Account Executives and Customer Success Managers to fill open positions
- Provide initial and on-going training to ensure every Account Executive and Customer Success Manager’s success
- Provide accurate and meaningful performance feedback to all Account Executives and Customer Success Managers in a timely manner
- Identify performance issues and work to address them with a high degree of urgency
- Mange each Account Executive’s professional development and sales success through field-based coaching, formal and informal mentoring, and / or additional training as needed
- Coordinating with Sales Program Directors to ensure effective deployment and development of Customer Success Managers
- Ensure the retention of top-quality talent through career development / coaching
- Develop and coach Account Executives and Customer Success Managers on consultative selling skills
- Provide feedback as appropriate on assigned Engagement Managers to their respective managers
Create and execute district- and territory-level sales plans
- Develop and carry out a strategic District sales plan that drives the Region’s sales success and digital growth
- Appropriately deploy Customer Success Manager to provide pre-sales support for digital product sales, with a focus on driving large digital adoptions
- Analyze District sales reports, Account Executives’ pipelines, and competitive activity to forecast and drive territory growth
- Develop appropriate strategies to take advantage of opportunities and minimize impact of competitive threats
- Ensure Account Executives develop and implement effective territory plans through the strategic use of territory planning tools (e.g. the sales force automation / CRM systems)
Ensure effective collaboration and communication with internal stakeholders outside the Sales organization
- Ensure communication and collaboration between Account Executives and other sales specialists, such as the Inside sales teams
- Work with internal teams (Marketing, HR, Finance, Digital Implementation, Institutional Sales, etc) as needed to achieve District and Company sales objectives
- Communicate regularly with internal constituents and stakeholders to ensure complete information flow concerning opportunities, threats, etc.
- Gather market and competitive intelligence in the assigned District and share with appropriate internal personnel
- Assign Customer Success Managers to support digital product training for field sales team through virtual and in-person trainings
Provide leadership and direction to District sales team
- Communicate Company and Sales vision to team ensuring understanding and commitment
- Communicate District and individual sales goals
- Drive to exceed assigned sales target for the District by working with Account Executives to help them exceed their individuals’ sales and product mix objectives
- Provide enterprise-wide account leadership within assigned District (e.g. bookstores, multi-department sales and strategies that affect an entire account)
Administer District budget and ensure reporting requirements are met
- Manage District expense budgets including sampling and overall cost center, monitor expenditures by team members and work with them to ensure budgetary compliance
- Complete all required reports in a timely manner
The Director of Engineering, Subscription Solutions will be responsible for providing technical leadership in maintaining and evolving GTS subscription capabilities in support of Cengage’s digital transformation journey. Specifically, this leader will be responsible for enabling a robust set of capabilities in the subscription management space to all Cengage business units and programs including Cengage Unlimited and other future-state Go-To-Market models. To accomplish this, this leader will be responsible for developing a strong team to provide delivery excellence in the areas of solution architecture, solution implementation, quality assurance, and operational support. Given the highly complex nature of subscription models, this leader must demonstrate strong problem solving skills and possess excellent communication and influencing skills to effectively collaborate with adjacent/dependent teams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Ensure Strategic Alignment
- Develop understanding for enterprise’s overall strategy and the models for the underlying business models.
- Collaborating with GTS Enterprise Architecture team ensure solution approach supports both the individual business units and the enterprise as a whole.
- Evangelize GTS Strategy and vision by communicating it to all levels of the organization and ensuring alignment.
Define and Design
- Rationalize Subscription platform (team structure, design, governance, operating model) to maximize value of spend.
- Define effective solution delivery and operational support processes, structures, roles, and responsibilities to successful execution, delivery and support of subscription solutions.
- Understand all aspects of subscription configuration and technical/functional capabilities, including changes and potential system implications.
Ensure Delivery Excellence
- Lead the successful implementation of evolving subscription-based go-to-market initiatives.
- Manage technical teams providing technology and methodology leadership ensuring the delivery of elegant and robust solutions to high impact business opportunities.
- Ensure Compliance with Governance and Operating Models.
Collaborate and Communicate
- Maintain high-level familiarity with other IT system/business application capabilities in order to make recommendations about potential upstream/downstream integration or functionality.
- Work closely with GTS Technology Solutions Partners to plan delivery of priorities.
- Provide regular status updates to management and project stakeholders.
Build Core Competency:
- Optimize Support model and manage subscription team.
- Ensure focused, responsive and agile team committed to ensuring best possible customer experience.
- Act as mentor to less experienced admins/developers.
- Ensure continuous improvement in approaches for attracting, developing and retaining a robust team.
Are you excited by the thought of involvement in every functional area of our organization by providing direct, day-to-day support to product teams within your discipline? In this role, you will provide a wide variety of services to Product Manager(s) in order to optimize the performance of the product management and development effort and, thereby, help achieve the group’s business goals. In addition to supporting the Product Teams, you will apprentice on projects in several different areas including: Product Development, Product Management, Market Seeding, and Project Management throughout your time in this position.
- Provide general administrative support. The assistant will support the Product Team by performing basic administrative tasks, including handling the reviewing process, processing invoices, crafting basic P&L proposals, providing overall product and customer database maintenance, providing budget tracking information, and processing contract and reprint requests
- Prepare documents needed for meetings across the assigned product teams including Strategy Meetings, Production Launches, and digital road-mapping
- Utilize our CRM to verify instructor information, product information, request materials, and to find users of products
- Collect and analyze internal and external sales data to be used by Product Managers in strategic decision-making
- Maintain competitive grids by market for key titles/features/assets
- Help in the design, execution, and analysis of market research, and identify potential ideas for improvement
- Develop additional market understanding through phone interviews with faculty, occasional campus travel, and web-based or face-to-face student and faculty focus groups
Marketing and Sales Support
- Provide sales and marketing team members with priority information upon request
- Review product marketing pages for accuracy
- Travel to campus with sales and/or marketing; potential to partner with specific inside Learning Consultants on targeted “inside” adoptions as face-to-face resource
- Develops select “B” and “C” level titles and/or “A” level ancillaries and deliver them to the production editor in a form ready for publication within timing and budgetary guidelines
- Facilitate Design Sprints by performing such tasks as creation of prototype for iterative product development process
Gale, a part of Cengage Learning, seeks a creative, collaborative, and experienced individual to join our team as a Digital Humanities Specialist. Responsible for supporting and assisting the evolution of Gale’s digital scholarship program, the successful candidate will serve as a key support and development liaison to key customers that are engaging in advanced humanities research and instruction. The Digital Humanities Specialist will identify trends and activities in digital humanities taking place throughout the academic market, provide digital scholarship support services, and support faculty teaching DH and libraries as the central research hub on campus.
Reporting to Director of Product Management, Digital Humanities, the Digital Humanities Specialist will provide on-site support and guidance for digital humanities scholars and students that are using Gale and other content and tools to drive active research. Responsibilities will focus on working collaboratively with colleagues at Gale and throughout our academic customer base to advance research activities and the use of Gale content in the scholarly workflow. The Digital Humanities Specialist will develop and conduct workshops on Gale’s digital scholarship resources and work collaboratively with other Gale team members in pursuit of new tools and features/best practices.
The position is ideally suited for (but not limited to) someone with an interest in scholarly research and publishing, natural language processing, GIS/mapping, data visualizing, text analysis and related teaching methodologies. Working on a team of dedicated digital scholarship and publishing professionals, this position will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to engage in continuing research execution and support using a broad array of computational techniques.
The Digital Humanities Specialist will provide subject-specific leadership for collection building and management, as well as promote library collections, programs, and services to faculty and the market at large. As an integral member of Gale’s digital scholarship program, the Digital Humanities Specialist will assist with the development of DH-related tools, curriculum and materials that will be used by key accounts in the academic space. This role will also conduct in-depth research to inform future technology and content needs both at Gale and at point of use in academia. With a solid understanding of current resources and technologies, the Digital Humanities Specialist will assist in the development of instructional materials and new features in the Gale Digital Scholar Lab. Active engagement with faculty and students throughout our customer base is required.
This role is specifically responsible for the promotion, support, and ongoing development of the Gale Digital Scholar Lab, a research environment designed to enable and assist digital scholarship in the academic community.
Overview of responsibilities
- Conduct on-site and virtual DH training and workshops designed to facilitate the establishment and growth of DH-related activities in the library and in courses across campus.
- Work with members of Gale’s digital scholarship team to establish training schedules, scope of development work, and organize interaction with customers and students.
- Partner with the Sales team to help acquire new business.
- Work with users and customers to drive usage for research and instruction.
- Understand, support and communicate company strategy internally and externally.
- Track the competitive landscape and market position for all responsible projects and initiatives, identify new market-specific opportunities, and conceptualize and test product ideas.
- Collaborate on market research, product positioning and customer communications.
- Help define and support customer training strategies and tactics.
- Represent Gale and Cengage Learning at relevant industry and customer events.
- Understand and translate the market requirements for the evolution of scholarly research in the humanities and social sciences.
- Develop and maintain high-level relationships with partner firms and organizations necessary for the success of Gale’s digital scholarship program.
- Report regularly on project/role status to senior management and internal stakeholders
- Analyze, interpret and then report out to team and senior management on performance against results.
The Digital Production Analystis part of the National Geographic Learning team. This position supports the productions workflows to create digital content, QA and validate content, and publish products for customer use. The Digital Production Analyst is a SME of content authoring systems and liaisons between internal stakeholders and software/QA vendors to achieve product acceptance. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest supporting global products and working with international teams.
- Resolve digital production tasks and assignments needed to support the publishing priorities of the business
- Act as a SME of content authoring systems and the publishing workflows that support the export and delivery of content from one system to another
- Manage user access and project workspace configurations for internal stakeholders
- Facilitate system training as new content authoring projects are launched
- Perform a weekly review of current issues and prioritization for upcoming sprint planning
- Liaison with stakeholders to create test plans giving detailed attention to documentation
- Triage, verify, and manage testing errors reported from QA vendors
Partner with a highly collaborative and motivated Finance team dedicated to serving the Cengage Global Businesses, a division of Cengage and global leader in education, learning and research resources online. Cengage Global Businesses is comprised of 4 business units - National Geographic English Language Teaching, International Higher Education, Gale and international K12 with annual revenue approaching $0.5B and industry leading profit margins. This role will report into the SVP, CFO of our Global Businesses who reports into the CFO of Cengage.
The VP, Finance will be responsible for the financial and performance management framework of Cengage Global Businesses and for central management, coordination and implementation of all Cengage Group related finance activities. Working with finance teams across international regions and Cengage Group finance functions, this encompasses (i) Financial Planning - strategic planning, operational plans, annual budgeting, forecasting, resource / capital allocation (ii) Management reporting and analysis to support effective decision making (iii) Group reporting (iv) Implementation and maintenance of global accounting policies and processes (v) Tax and Treasury ( vi) Development and maintenance of effective risk management and internal control frameworks. This role is responsible for a cost base of approx. $190m and cost oversight of a further $62m in allocations.
- Act as a key commercial business partner and advisor to the Chief Finance & Operating Officer for the Global Businesses as a member of the global leadership team
- Lead financial matters and ensure delivery of business and operational objectives in accordance with short- and long-term goals.
- Drive efficiencies and service levels within the embedded Finance team.
- Consistent and extensive collaboration within finance and across Cengage, including colleagues in all Geographies and critical business functions.
- Support realistic and structured decisions on investments and capital allocation, including acquisitions and disposals, ensuring they are measured against financial targets. This includes investment priorities and development of investment cases. Identify, address and implement solutions for operational improvement and cost opportunities.
Compliance and Operations
- Lead the Global Finance team, providing strong professional leadership.
- Drive implementation of global Finance process, policies, controls and procedures within the team.
- Develop and motivate team to provide a continuously improving service and functional bench strength to ensure it has the right capabilities.
- Ensure the business always remains in line with control standards and ethics policies
- Work with Corporate Finance as a key leader for significant contracts and areas of judgement to ensure compliance with accounting standards and coordination with Corporate Controller’s organization
- Work with regional finance leadership to ensure successful statutory audit processes.
- Challenge the business to drive sustainable value proactively through informed and insightful decision making
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Lead planning and forecasting processes providing accurate and timely future facing data and metrics on which to base decisions. Oversight of actual monthly results and KPIs and informed and insightful commentary thereon.
- Provide financial insight and analysis to support strategic decision making: Business analysis linking the financial and business levers
- Lead review of P&Ls, balance sheets, and cash flows with an eye to optimizing investment, highlighting concerns and opportunities, and developing solutions to address issues and capitalize on opportunities.
- Understand tools and systems that support the finance and operations teams globally And work with the CGT and/or Hyperion teams on recommendations for improvements where necessary
Treasury & Tax
- Work with Corporate Treasury and Corporate FP&A on key cash metrics such as DSO, DPO and inventory turns by region as well as sharing cash flow by region;
- Support Corporate and regional treasury with international cash planning, bank reconciliations, funding requirements and all compliance measures.
- Support Corporate and regional tax with filings, provisions, audits and all compliance measures.
Accountable for hiring and developing talent to effectively manage the on-time delivery of high-quality content for Cengage’s digital platforms. Plans and manages the resources and activities of a Digital Production team and its vendors, optimizing quality, resource efficiency, scale, and time to market. Collaborates with Product, Content, Platform, QA and other key stakeholders to ensure team deliverables are prioritized against business strategy and revenue goals and Digital Production staff are effectively performing within their cross-functional teams.
- Talent Development: Manage and develop Digital Production staff. Collaborate with Functional Manager peers to promote cross-functional team health and escalate concerns. Clearly set expectations and seek out and act on stakeholder feedback to improve individual and department performance. Routinely evaluate and discuss performance status, progress against goals, and opportunities for growth with staff. Frequently communicate with staff to reinforce effective behaviors, promptly and candidly address performance issues, and provide mentoring or training. Facilitate the strategic expansion of business and technical skills that optimize and enhance the performance of individuals and the department.
- Resource Allocation: Responsible for recruiting, hiring, and successfully onboarding new team members. Proactively monitor resource allocation needs, reassign under-utilized resources and escalate additional resource needs or right-sizing recommendations. Establish and execute transition planning and training programs.
- Product Delivery: Accountable for the successful performance of Digital Production staff tasked with delivering high-quality digital products on time and within budget and specifications. Proactively resolve conflicts in priorities and resources, with input from key partners and stakeholders. Monitor product pipeline to identify, communicate, and address budget and product delivery risks. Manage digital production workflows, ensuring that best practices are followed across the department and processes are documented and communicated.
- Cultural Leadership: Embody the Cengage culture and champion the ethos and common approaches. Advocate change and use a variety of strategies and tactics to support and reinforce change initiatives and to maintain and bolster team morale and performance through times of change.
- Department & Cross-Functional Initiatives: Support Digital Production leadership in informing and executing department-wide initiatives to drive scale, efficiency, and quality. Collaborate closely with leadership on assignment of work to resources tasked with the development or improvement of workflow and tools to ensure continued advancement of digital product delivery. Fearlessly question the status quo, engage in creative problem solving, commit to piloting innovate workflows, embrace the unknown, and take calculated risks. Champion new and improved processes and technologies and collaborate with other leaders as needed to define, leverage and implement digital delivery best practices.
- Vendor Management: Have overall accountability for the efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of Digital Production vendors for an assigned discipline or course area. Provide recommendations, input, and approval for Strategic Sourcing decisions, including new, expanded, and changing vendor programs. Collaborate with Strategic Sourcing, Legal and Finance to create Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Statements of Work (SOW) and other contractual vendor documents.
- Perform additional responsibilities as needed to achieve business goals.
As the Product Manager for Milady, you’ll lead the portfolio of beauty and wellness educational products.
A Product Manager is the expert in their market, the visionary for their discipline, the problem solver for the learner, and the leader of their product team across Milady and Cengage. You are accountable for the entire lifecycle of your products. You create your product strategy by developing hypotheses, evaluating data, analyzing market and competitive trends, testing ideas in the market, iterating, and ultimately making product decisions based on evidence and insights. While keeping in alignment with business priorities, you take customer needs from concept to launch, focusing on timely delivery, holistic product quality, and an effective learning experience.
To achieve these goals, you are an integrator, leading a cross-functional team by fostering a creative and collaborative environment aligned toward a collective mission. You are consistently problem solving, bringing the team together, and actively considering the expertise of all team members. You are ultimately accountable for the success of your products.
Plan, organize, and prioritize sales strategies to achieve established sales targets
- Develop and maintain a Territory Plan for every account in the assigned territory utilizing sales database tools
- Generate realistic sales targets for both our installed business and competitive takeaways
- Create strategic plans for high value opportunities, including sales campaigns, Custom project specifications and Digital presentations
- Develop itineraries and effectively utilize personnel and other resources, via Territory Planning process, to achieve sales objectives
- Work with sales specialist and other sales personnel (eg Engagement Managers, Customer Success Managers, Learning Consultants, and Business Development Directors) to achieve district and territory sales objectives
- Participate in planning process for development of District Business Plan to maximize use of team resources
- Develop daily plans utilizing sales system to optimize sales calls on campus
- Develop and implement plan for effective strategic sampling of e-samples and print
Represent and promote Cengage Learning products to all customers to achieve and/or exceed established sales targets and goals
- Conduct sales calls with decision makers
- Represent full lists across assigned product sets and accounts
- Coordinate with Professional & Skills Learning Consultant team to implement account-based sales strategies and ensure complete coverage of all Cengage products an account
- Sell Custom, Digital and bundling strategies into all sales calls
- Use Consultative Selling Skills framework to create lasting relationships with key instructors across assigned schools
- Present strong demonstrations of full product offering, including print, Custom and Digital solutions
- Develop relationships with Bookstore Managers/Buyers to strategize sell-through and promotional campaigns and demonstrate understanding of retail business
- Implement Direct to Student sales strategies through our Cengage.com portal
- Attend conventions and evaluate sales/editorial opportunities as appropriate
Develop and report content partnership opportunities at assigned accounts by reporting competitive market information and working as a liaison with publishing teams to sign content partnership contracts
- Actively integrate and report faculty and content partnership opportunities into daily selling activities by seeking author contributors for content development for books, supplements, and digital product solutions
- Scout and report reviewer or faculty consultant leads
- Identify and report trends that could generate new content or marketing models for Cengage Learning
Manage territory resources/budget
- Qualify sampling needs in advance to avoid excess in shipping costs and units
- Review sales and sampling reports to impact cost effectiveness of sales process
- Manage T&E resources effectively
Manage communications and reporting
- Exhibit proficient use of technology communication tools
- Update and maintain customer database (Magellan)
- Report to manager as required
- Fulfill team support roles as required
- Communicate & coordinate effectively as required with sales specialist and other sales personnel
The Director of Product Management, Digital Humanities, is responsible for leading an innovative team that focuses on products and services to support digital humanities, including the Gale Digital Scholar Lab. With the launch of the Gale Digital Scholar Lab in 2018, Gale cemented its global leadership position in primary source publishing and reinforced our reputation as a technology innovator. To be successful in this role, the Director will own our global digital humanities strategy, oversee ongoing product development, and partner on go-to-market planning in order to create new possibilities for scholars and drive business results for Gale.
With a mind toward solving meaningful user problems and differentiating Gale’s solutions within the research and teaching landscape, the Director is accountable for delivery of software products that support revenue and billings goals, market understanding and sizing, pricing, and setting strategies for future growth. Working with the team, the Director will create product roadmaps and investment cases, drawing on prior product management experience to support the rapid development and enhancement of highly successful products. Creating a clear vision, aligning shared teams around common goals, and building support for the program at all levels of the organization are critical competencies.
The Director of Product Management, Digital Humanities mentors a team of Digital Scholarship Specialists and Product Managers, providing them with the tools and guidance required to research, conceptualize, design, test, plan and launch new tools, features and product concepts focused on the needs of the digital humanities faculty and researchers.
Working with and learning from customers and users is essential for all members of the team, and the Director will spend significant time building relationships with librarians and researchers, as well as representing Gale as a spokesperson at conferences, through publications and other customer-facing assets (video, social media, etc.) to build Gale’s thought leadership among the global digital humanties community.
AS DIRECTOR PRODUCT MANAGEMENT, DIGITAL HUMANITIES, YOU WILL:
- Understand the global Digital Humanities market at the undergraduate and graduate level; develop a depth of expertise around requirements for research, teaching and learning within the digital humanities as well as maintain a constant pulse on market conditions and competitive solutions
- Lead your team to develop the strategy, product vision, product concepts, roadmap and metrics for product capabilities required to deliver against user requirements and company financial plans, collaborating as needed across regions, product areas and functions
- Oversee the build and launch of differentiated products and features through ongoing testing and iteration
- Work collaboratively with software engineering, UX, content strategy, marketing, sales and other teams on innovative technology driven solutions and go-to-market success
- Own the P&L for Gale’s digital humanities portfolio; document and communicate project status and budget forecasts to senior management and stakeholders
- Through market, product and consumer research, identify, explore and validate new product opportunities
AS A PRODUCT LEADER AND PEOPLE MANAGER, YOU WILL:
- Ensure that all team members understand their roles, have clear expectations, and are accountable for achieving their goals
- Oversee profitability, deliverables, timelines and budgets
- Review work, troubleshoot and provide feedback to your team
- Consistently demonstrate behavior in line with company ethos
- Manage and cultivate the career development of staff members
- Raise the overall skill level of the product management team by developing and honing a consistent set of product development practices
- With support from corporate recruiters and HR business partners, manage human resources in your area, including hiring; coaching; performance management; and separation
- Develop and retain a bench capable of assuming higher-level responsibilities quickly and completely
- Work as a software engineer in a collaborative environment with passion, ownership and commitment
- Test-drive awesome code, working closely with other Agile team members
- Take ownership of tasks; drive the completion of all kinds of work tasks
- Help break down, estimate, and provide just-in-time design for small increments of work
- Build a strong team using their collaboration skills
- Promote improvements in version control, continuous integration, project build, and project automation
- Contribute to design of overall architecture of the web application
- Learn and champion software development best practices such as Test Driven Development and Performance testing
- Pair program with different people to accomplish stories and tasks
- Perform root cause analysis, technology evaluation, and design spikes
- Provide direction and share knowledge with team members in areas of expertise
- Continuously learn, and be unafraid to learn new practices, processes, technologies and languages
- Continuously act to enhance knowledge of new technologies, business processes, and project management skills, staying abreast of trends, latest industry developments and knowledge sharing among colleagues