Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Click column header to sort
Cengage is seeking a Senior CloudOps Engineer to develop solutions, lead projects, and provide consultative assistance to application teams in leveraging automation and monitoring tools for continuous improvement of application infrastructure, provisioning, and monitoring. In this role you will help develop, implement, and continuously improve our use of monitoring tools, including CloudWatch, LogicMonitor, AppNeta, Splunk, DynaTrace, and OpsGenie. You will also help to implement CloudOps best practices for our application teams, assiting them with rolling out and engaging these processes.
- Lead and collaborate with virtual teams defining and implementing solutions with external and internal cloud services features such as auto-scaling, elastic load balancing, instance right-sizing, disaster recovery strategies, and tiered storage
- Assist with the development and implementation of security best practices and initiatives at all levels of the cloud infrastructure
- Act as second level engineering support for incidents, understanding technical interdependencies for end-to-end problem solving, engaging third party tier-1 support organization, as well as application teams and our cloud services and SaaS providers for troubleshooting and problem solving
- Refine and implement methods and solutions for monitoring and controlling spend for platforms in the cloud
- Ensure maximum uptime of cloud hosted environments, including production, staging, testing, authoring, and development environments.
- Support multiple Splunk Enterprise clusters with Ansible automation scripts and assist developers in creating searches and dashboards.
Plan, organize, and prioritize sales strategies to achieve established sales targets
- Develop and maintain a Territory Plan for every account in the assigned territory utilizing sales database tools
- Generate realistic sales targets for both our installed business and competitive takeaways
- Create strategic plans for high value opportunities, including sales campaigns, Custom project specifications and Digital presentations
- Develop itineraries and effectively utilize personnel and other resources, via Territory Planning process, to achieve sales objectives
- Work with sales specialist and other sales personnel (eg Engagement Managers, Customer Success Managers, Learning Consultants, and Business Development Directors) to achieve district and territory sales objectives
- Participate in planning process for development of District Business Plan to maximize use of team resources
- Develop daily plans utilizing sales system to optimize sales calls on campus
- Develop and implement plan for effective strategic sampling of e-samples and print
Represent and promote Cengage Learning products to all customers to achieve and/or exceed established sales targets and goals
- Conduct sales calls with decision makers
- Represent full lists across assigned product sets and accounts
- Coordinate with Professional & Skills Learning Consultant team to implement account-based sales strategies and ensure complete coverage of all Cengage products an account
- Sell Custom, Digital and bundling strategies into all sales calls
- Use Consultative Selling Skills framework to create lasting relationships with key instructors across assigned schools
- Present strong demonstrations of full product offering, including print, Custom and Digital solutions
- Develop relationships with Bookstore Managers/Buyers to strategize sell-through and promotional campaigns and demonstrate understanding of retail business
- Implement Direct to Student sales strategies through our Cengage.com portal
- Attend conventions and evaluate sales/editorial opportunities as appropriate
Develop and report content partnership opportunities at assigned accounts by reporting competitive market information and working as a liaison with publishing teams to sign content partnership contracts
- Actively integrate and report faculty and content partnership opportunities into daily selling activities by seeking author contributors for content development for books, supplements, and digital product solutions
- Scout and report reviewer or faculty consultant leads
- Identify and report trends that could generate new content or marketing models for Cengage Learning
Manage territory resources/budget
- Qualify sampling needs in advance to avoid excess in shipping costs and units
- Review sales and sampling reports to impact cost effectiveness of sales process
- Manage T&E resources effectively
Manage communications and reporting
- Exhibit proficient use of technology communication tools
- Update and maintain customer database (Magellan)
- Report to manager as required
- Fulfill team support roles as required
- Communicate & coordinate effectively as required with sales specialist and other sales personnel
As a Site Reliability Engineer at Cengage, you'll join an integrated team supporting our industry leading online learning platform, WebAssign. To be considered for this role you should bring the following:
- You're a Linux guru. systemd is your friend (even if it does violate the Unix philosophy), you're no stranger to dtrace, awk and grep are your left and right hands, and you can make sysctl sing.
You've supported highly distributed web applications. You know how to manage hundreds of servers running code written in a handful of languages, have worked with Apache httpd and nginx, and you know the difference between "one-arm" and "two-arm" load balancing, and when to employ them.
- You try your hardest to automate yourself out of a job. If a task needs doing more than once you're writing a script, you're no stranger to managing config and/or infrastructure as code, and building tools to enable other teams to achieve their goals excites you. You've actively worked with automation / configuration frameworks like Ansible and Saltstack, or maybe Puppet, Chef and Terraform.
- You can fly solo, but it's better with a partner - you're a self starter that can operate with little oversight, but you welcome and seek collaboration within and outside of your team to solve problems.
You measure twice and cut once. You're used to the rigors of working on applications with high uptime requirements (99.9-99.99%) and as such are a practitioner of controlled changes.
Security is your bread and butter. When you're setting up a new system, secure best practices are used the first time, every time.
- When diagnosing a problem, data is your friend, and being able to find the right data is your best friend. You've supported and leveraged modern log aggregation tools like Splunk, Graylog, or ELK.
An outstanding candidate will also bring the following:
- You're no stranger to RHEL/CentOS, and have worked with enterprise/upstream community editions of Red Hat tools like Ansible Tower / AWX and RedHat IdM / FreeIPA.
- You've supported and maintained classic monitoring systems like Nagios or derivatives.
- You've also worked with / around application performance monitoring platforms like Dynatrace or New Relic.
- Containerizing workloads excites you. You have built containers and/or leveraged them to manage workloads as appliances using Docker.
- You have an appetite for PaaS frameworks like CloudFoundry or Kubernetes.
- You've worked with platforms living in public clouds such as AWS or Azure.
- You have used Infrastructure as Code platforms like Terraform.
- You've configured and tuned F5 BigIP Load Balancers.
- You're not afraid to touch a database, even if it may not be your forte.
- Master sales call activities to prospective customers to explore and present digital product solutions.
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Create and execute strategic territory and business plans.
- Drive new business to cultivate growth within the territory.
- Provide accurate forecasts and sales activity reporting using SalesCloud and other sales tools.
- Participate in network-building opportunities including conferences, group presentations, and industry functions.
- You will serve as the primary contact for Cengage's digital customers.
- Focus on the digital customers’ journey from product adoption through renewal of the business each term.
- Monitor success of digital courses, interpret data and retain a positive customer experience.
- You will actively nurture relationships, ensure satisfaction, drive revenue and cultivate customer success.
- You will strive to exceed service level targets and prioritize needs to meet customer timelines.
- You will act as the 'voice of the customer' to contribute towards product enhancements and a better user experience.
- Partner with management to provide status updates, assist on projects, and uncover support trends while meeting all role requirements.
- Be a strategic partner ensuring instructors are digitally engaged each and every term.
- Be able to interpret data to partner with sales districts in order to develop of strategies to increase adoption, sell-through, and usage of all digital products.
- Work to ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty, targeting and ensuring product usage and retention.
- Anticipate obstacles in advance, determine possible solutions, achieve superior results. Maintain high levels of planning and organization within your territory, identifying areas of improvement, and implementing your own strategies to achieve the desired outcome.
- Ensure all digital adoptions are setup and deployed accurately as well as identify at-risk customers. Foster communication with our customers. Each instructor should be set on a positive trajectory going into first day of class.
- Be a Problem Solver. Monitor the success of your territory's digital courses, focusing on activations, usage, support tickets, along with other course details. Actively assist the customer in obtaining the quickest resolution, provide initial troubleshooting, and ensure that digital courses are running smoothly.
- Focus on Retention & Renewal. Work hand-in-hand with our digital customers. Relay product information that is vital to their course as well as assist them in every facet of their digital journey. Check in with each customer, aiming at renewing the course at the end of every term, thus starting the support cycle over.
- You will support customers to ensure that they successfully navigate our digital products, training resources and overall organization.
- Provide pre-sales support with a central focus on driving our compelling services and support story at Cengage.
- Be willing to assist with other projects within the department, support your colleagues when workload differentiate, and collaborate within all parts of the organization to keep current on all Cengage products, sales, service and support.
- You will utilize appropriate PIT to unload trailers on receiving dock in a safe manner.
- Utilize radio frequency (RF) equipment to fill full-case orders.
- Memorize and utilize phonetic alphabet to accurately use voice directed picking system.
- Utilize sight recognition and matching of alpha and numeric listings to ensure accurate inventory and order placement.
- You will replenish full-cases to picking shelves.
- Conduct product moves as directed.
- You will accurately follow all pallet-layer configurations.
- Ensure pallets are safely/properly stacked to full capacity.
- Use fall protection/safety harnesses in compliance with company and OSHA regulations.
- You will perform consistent counting of product and pallets.
- Continuously lift (including overhead), push, pull, reach and stack full cases (up to 50 lbs) while maintaining productivity levels at or above standard.
- Be committed to the team effort.
- You will also have other duties as requested.
Types of Equipment used:
- Turret stock picker, cherry picker/order picker, runner, reach truck, RC truck, pallet jack
- You will ensure inventory is ready for production departments by utilizing LogPro system, RF (radio frequency) units and voice directed system “Jennifer”
- You will replenish full-case product to the accurate rack/locations.
- You will safely open boxes using box knife to ensure easy access to product.
- You will utilize the phonetic alphabet.
- Continuously reach, lift, push and pull up to 40 lbs to return individual units to appropriate locations.
- Safely lift, push, pull and relocate packages up to 50 lbs as required.
- Be committed to the team effort.
- Cross-train in various departments within the distribution center.
- You will also have other duties as assigned.