· Identify target accounts through research in CRM system, purchase history reports, and school/district websites.
· Prepare for your calls with the “5-minute challenge”. Quickly identify strategic goals and objectives and key decision makers.
· Make a minimum of 20 new business (hunting) calls per day and spend a minimum of 2 hours per day on new business prospecting calls where you will conduct needs analysis, determine motivation to change, negotiate access to the power sponsor, conduct product demonstrations online and more.
· Create a minimum of two new opportunities per day.
· Create sales quotes and executive summaries.
· Follow up on all marketing leads within 48 hours.
· Document all sales activities in CRM system.
· Monitor your month-to-date, quarter-to-date and year-to-date performance.
· Collaborate with other members of the inside sales team, inside sales leader and other members of the Gale team.
· Manage a geographic territory from our office in Farmington Hills, MI
US-CA-San Francisco | US-CA-San Jose | US-CA-San Francisco | US-OR-Portland | US-WA-Seattle
Plan, organize, and prioritize sales strategies to achieve established sales targets
- Develop and maintain a Territory Plan for the assigned open territories utilizing sales tools and resources including the sales force CRM (Magellan)
- Work with other sales personnel (e.g. Customer Success Managers and Key Account Managers) to achieve open territory and regional sales goals
- Participate in the planning process to develop fully informed District Business Plans to prioritize and maximize the use of team resources
- Develop and follow through on daily plans to optimize sales potential within each open territory
Represent and promote Cengage Learning products to all customers to achieve or exceed sales targets
- Prospect, qualify, and close sales by phone, email contact, and technology demonstrations
- Sell Cengage Unlimited, required digital (standalone or digital bundles), and custom into every sales call
- Utilize the Digital Selling Journey framework to advance sales calls and manage relationships with key decision makers
Develop and report content partnership opportunities at assigned accounts by reporting competitive market information and working as a liaison with the product teams to sign content partnership contracts:
- Actively integrate, and report faculty and content partnership opportunities, into daily selling activities by seeking author contributors for content development for our printed titles, supplements, and digital products
- Identify and report trends that could generate new content, fresh ideas or business models for Cengage
Manage communications and reporting
- Exhibit proficient use of technology communication tools
- Update and maintain our CRM (Magellan)
- Report to the Director of Sales as required
- Fulfill team support roles as required
- Communicate & coordinate effectively as required with other members of the sales team
- To join a forward-thinking organization and industry whose mission is to be the most respected and innovative source of instructing, learning and research solutions for the academic, professional and library markets worldwide
- Ongoing training, resources and support to expand your skills and advance your career
- A company that values employee development and promoting within
- The opportunity to sell customized products to meet your customer’s needs
- A competitive, but friendly team oriented approach toward selling quality products
The Enrollment Representative is responsible for generating sales revenue by matching students to ed2go continuing education / career training programs. Enrollment Representatives will prioritize a high volume of qualified leads, generated through our website, referrals, live chat, and telephone, to achieve personal and team metrics. The Enrollment Representative consults with prospective students ranging from course descriptions and instructors to financing, and enrollment, keeping the customer experience forefront throughout.
Successful Enrollment Representatives are effective at asking appropriate, probing questions, overcoming objections, and effective management of time, including being voice-to-voice whenever possible.
- Ensure the highest quality student experience from an individual’s first contact with the school through his or her initial enrollment by leveraging our processes and infrastructure.
- Generate student enrollment by calling on prospective students, advising them on how the school can meet their educational and career needs and guides qualified applicants through the admissions and enrollment process.
- Complete all required reports regarding sales and sales campaigns, market feedback and team territory management activities.
- Maximize your sales conversations using a proven sales methodology and time management techniques.
- Manage your pipeline to meet/exceed all assigned revenue and enrollment objectives.