Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The Web eCommerce Optimization Specialist will be responsible for planning and executing content optimization of Cengage’s websites and ecommerce carts to ensure the most efficient and effective user experience.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Web Strategy, you will be responsible for designing and executing experiments across Cengage.com and other web properties to improve usage and conversion rate. You will conduct qualitative and quantitative research to inform adjustments in messaging, user experience and site personalization changes that will lead more visitors to choose our products.
To be considered for this position, you should have extensive experience with consumer-facing online websites, and a deep understanding of web analytics, user experience, site optimization and the drivers of conversion and retention.
The perfect candidate for this role is data-driven, technically fluent, consumer-centric and customer experience focused, with a passion for finding ideal solutions, flawless execution, and superior attention to detail, including in the use of testing and optimization tools. You should also have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced collaborative team-oriented environment, while always seeking to ensure an efficient and effective website experience for our customers.
- Work with Senior Director of Web Strategy to develop and manage a short-term and long-term optimization plan for web properties.
- Run optimization efforts relating to web site and ecommerce site user flow, its features and functionality with the focus on optimizing user experience and maximizing conversion rates.
- Work closely with the analytics team to ensure site optimizations are data-driven and provide actionable insights based on user trends.
- Work closely with the Cengage product teams to better align the unauthenticated (visitor) and logged-in ecommerce experiences.
- Develop QA criteria, verify and test new features to ensure the best user experience and recommend adjustments while adhering to strict brand guidelines and standards.
- Gather and analyze digital marketing metrics and KPIs for all properties.
- Engage in sales call activities to prospective customers to explore and present product solutions of both our textbook and digital products.
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Create and execute strategic territory and business plans.
- Drive new business to foster growth within the territory.
- Provide accurate forecast and sales activity reporting through the use of company sales tools.
- Participate, when appropriate, in network building opportunities within territory, including but not limited to conferences, group presentations, and industry functions.
As Manager, Software Development Engineer in Test at Cengage, you will have responsibility for all aspects of software test development for multiple teams across several locations. The SDET Manager position includes all activities during the Content & Software development lifecycle, while meeting the design guidelines, quality standards, and stakeholders’ expectations. The most important aspects of the job are employee growth, communication, and coordination. The SDET Manager will ensure that the team is working to capacity and that there is nothing blocking the team’s work, while also helping to grow team members careers.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage teams of SDET engineers across one or more projects, programs or engagements.
- As a member of project/program part of the program team, you will be responsible for maintaining, and monitoring QA process and procedures, defining best practices and own delivery of the QE team.
- Evaluates and contributes to projects technical design documents which outline the technical risks and strategies for product initiatives.
- Manages the creation and development of program specific test strategies, schedules and resources.
- Participate in document inspections with QA leads and engineers, marketing, development, and documentation.
- Identify new technology and tools that can be applied to testing of applications and business processes.
- Perform data analysis, prepare test briefings, and write test reports.
- Develop and maintain project schedules and resource plans clearly defining ownership.
- Coordinate resource/staffing plans with the various stakeholders.
- Direct activities, assign responsibilities, set and assess contributor performance expectations and motivate team members toward achieving project objectives.
- Mentor junior team members on the roles and responsibilities of their job assignments.
- Leading Automation quality efforts with help of remote QA teams and also participating in agile team meetings (Sprint planning, grooming, stand-ups) and keeping the remote team informed and up to date.
- Work with integrated teams and 3rd party systems and making sure that there is QA coverage against code/config changes by them
Cengage Learning Management Services is a shared service center providing Accounting support and services for Business Units within Cengage Learning. Services and support include transactional processing, data analysis, and reporting, for both Domestic and International units.
This position reviews billings/recons, support audits, ensure completion of revenue cycle timely with an understanding of revenue impact to company financials. This position leads a team of 3 people that monitor the billings from our 3rd party partners. This position works closely with various departments within the organization using collaboration and interpersonal skills.
This position requires a strong understanding of the full revenue cycle and a person who is process oriented with a strong emphasis on internal controls. To be successful in the role, ability to work well in a team, possess phenomenal detail orientation, and innovative within a fast-paced environment.
- Leads a staff of 2-3 employees managing 3rd party billings
- Supports cross-functional processes related to revenue while utilizing JD Edwards Enterprise One & Hyperion
- Understands 3rd party contracts and ensures application terms to billings
- Builds/improves processes & procedures within those revenue-related functions
- Implements & performs revenue analytics to support monthly requests from business
- Maintains internal controls around Revenue
- Proactively communicates and collaborates with internal teams to deliver data and analysis
- Participates in other duties as needed to meet department objectives and company goal.
Reporting to Director, Analytics within the Higher Ed Strategy org, we are looking for a Strategy Analyst to help lead critical strategic and analytics-focused initiatives across the corporation, focused on driving our aggressive growth agenda via advanced analytics and data modeling.
- Lead / support analysis in key strategic topics (examples of work: external pilot implementation data modeling, size of opportunity scoping, product offering evolution cannibalization modeling, internal YoY business drivers analysis, dashboarding)
- Provide actionable strategy recommendations based on your analysis
- Present findings to senior management and prepare documentation for Board of Directors
- Work hand-in-hand with external research team, bolstering work with relevant internal data analysis to provide holistic recommendations
- Provide analysis on new and proposed commercial models
- Drive analysis and thought leadership on improving our overall services to our customers, ensuring we remain best in class and that we adjust to the evolution of our digital product offering
- Support the financial and strategic evaluation of corporate development opportunities
- Function as team member in a variety of strategy and business development projects, including emerging business opportunities, etc.
- Be a go-to data and knowledge resource for other Higher Ed teams (Marketing, Sales, etc.)
As the Platform Operations Manager for one of our major learning platforms, you will focus on leading a team of Site Reliability and DevOps Engineers to define and build the infrastructure of the future. You’ll work with application teams to advance DevOps processes and tools to build, operate, and support application environments, leading to continuous integration, test, and deployment. While leading the team, you will be able to keep your hands in the technology, as a “player-coach”. This is a high-visibility role, offering exciting challenges in planning and building solutions, problem solving, collaboration and communication, cross-team orchestration, and day-to-day team management and leadership.
- Lead a team of Site Reliability and DevOps Engineers in day-to-day operations of the WebAssign platform.
- Create competitive advantage for WebAssign with infrastructure processes and tools supporting agile application development teams leading to continuous improvements in provisioning, monitoring, response, and management.
- Ensure a good experience for WebAssign users through the use of proactive monitoring, participation in load testing, detailed problem solving, and advancing into application profiling.
- Act as a consultative and planning resource for our application teams to provide infrastructure and DevOps technical guidance, practices, standards, knowledge and understanding of processes & tools to deliver automation of infrastructure and application deployment in a SaaS-based products and services environment.
- Oversee implementation and monitoring of security best practices and processes at all levels of the infrastructure.
- Assemble and lead the work cross-functional teams for analysis, project planning/implementation, or problem solving.
- Maintain a roadmap of infrastructure operations initiatives and projects, overseeing implementations by assembling and leading cross-functional teams for analysis, project planning/implementation, or problem solving.
- Keep up to date with developments in the e-Learning, technology, and DevOps fields through educational and other information resources. Continuously advance your skills and those of the team.
Enhance ACT completion rates
- Develop a new completion goal line for advisors on an individual level and to drive productivity needs
- Hit an overall team completion rate of 69% by end of FY21
- Silent Observe intervention calls for coaching opportunities 2X per advisor per month
- Develop new monthly performance indicators for advising team
- Hold bi-weekly trainings to ensure all advisors are up to speed on processes and policies
- Utilize assessments with staff to test knowledge base for mentor opportunities
- Develop a library of resources for staff use
- Work with internal departments to develop and disseminate customer happiness surveys
- Build satisfaction level goal line for individuals and team (Ex. 90%+)
- Develop and implement effective search engine optimization (SEO) strategies
- Coordinate content, design, social media, and other marketing pieces
- Identify new SEO opportunities for both product and lead generation efforts
- Manage offsite and onsite optimization projects and report on performance
- Conduct keyword research to guide content teams
- Review technical SEO issues and recommend fixes
- Optimize website content, landing pages and paid search copy
- Direct off-page optimization projects (e.g. link-building)
- Collect data and report on traffic, rankings and other SEO aspects
- Work with social media and PPC teams to optimize campaigns
- Keep abreast of SEO and integrated marketing trends
- Collaborate with web developers and marketing team to ensure success
- Works collaboratively with the Product Manager and Course Development Manager to identify needs, project scope, and schedule for course delivery
- Analyzes, designs, develops, and implements learning curricula and content with product team.
- Owns content strategy and product pedagogy/design for assigned products across a variety of disciplines
- Creates detailed learning design plans that are informed by research specific to the product, discipline, and learning best practice
- Identifies needs for any 3rd party vendors, which may include assessment writing, videos, or other multimedia
- Trains subject matter experts (SME) on the development process, authoring objectives with Bloom’s Taxonomy, and authoring content for e-learning
- Collaborates with and manages SME deliverables throughout the development process to produce high-quality content that is original, factual, consistent, and objectives-based in accordance to project deadlines and budgets
- Stays up-to-date on digital and self-directed online learning, learning science, and pedagogical trends and methodologies via conferences, conducting research, etc.
- Contributes to and is an advocate for learning; looks to continuously innovate and drive better processes, systems, and approaches to ensure the continuous improvement of learning design quality and learner outcomes.
- Uses available analytic data to assess the impact of learning design
- Performs a quality assurance review of final content in the platform prior to course launch.
- Ensures rigorous quality control standards are in place and executed
- Resolves content-related support issues quickly and systematically
- Transforms pedagogy and instructional materials into highly engaging learning experiences, while adhering to Universal Design principles
- Collaborates with Multimedia Designers for design elements and engaging interactivities
- Applies skills and job knowledge in content/discipline or related areas of specialization.
- Works to continuously improve and adapt procedures, operations, techniques, tools, and materials to meet the needs of the LD team and the discipline team and courses within which they work.
- Possess broad job knowledge; analyze problems/issues of diverse scope and determine solutions
- Able to measure and evaluate data and analytics to assess the impact of the content strategy they have suggested and implemented
- May work on non-routine tasks; resolve issues/make working decisions within discipline/content area of specialization
- Collect Post Completion Data
- Build and handle a post-completion data report
- Develop survey questions for verbal and written outreach
- Conduct outreach to completed students by phone and email daily
- Develop a database with manager to collect and analyze findings
- Increase efficiency of completions and voucher process
- Develop Internal Resources for post completions processes
- Run Voucher database
- Process Voucher Requests and Fulfillments
- Process all completions and provide all vouchers within 1 business day of completion
- Keep record of Voucher Data
Maintain and lower overall drop percentage
- Maintain drop percentage under 5% YoY
- Develop and implement a new partial drops internal process by end of Q4 FY21
- Define and analyze top reasons for drops
- Develop drop/refund Case Reasons for SF implementation before end of Q3
Improve Process Efficiency
- Observe and keep track of current processes to better define the threshold of process times
- Ensure that strategy of day to day activities is aligned with customer needs
- Set efficiency measurements to guide continuous improvement
- Review handbooks and manuals to discover where inefficiencies exist
- Develop technology requests to support the automation of manual tasks
Grow Post Completion Opportunities
- Define and interpret what growth goal line we want to implement for externships
- Silently observe externship calls for mentoring opportunities - 2 calls per month
- Develop Externships database for resources and improve notification use
- Build the pilot of a Post Completion team
- Research job board posting opportunities for proposal of future job board
- Focus on development of post-completion support role to influence monthly performance indicators.
- Develop survey questions and shared data location for post-completion collection
As an Operations Manager within the Service Experience (SX) team, you will be a driver and contributor to cross-functional initiatives focused on improving customer workflows, services, and technologies.
There are three main areas of focus for an Operations Manager:
- Gaining insight into existing areas of the business to help make connections with student and instructor experience, sharing and fostering that knowledge, and generating new ideas for improvement.
- Leading process innovations to completion utilizing standard practices for project framing and execution.
- Contributing to operationalized SX initiatives, bringing new ideas to existing methodologies and practices.
- Be an influencer
- Learn and deeply understand existing areas of the business that impact customer workflows, such that you can share this knowledge with the SX team to inform decision-making.
- Leverage data (using tools and resources to source, analyze, and evaluate information) to inform decisions, bring clarity to ambiguity, monitor the effectiveness of process innovations, or push others to re-think the “norm.”
- Leverage detailed understanding of user patterns to be a trusted sounding board for cross-functional team.
- Be an integrator
- Actively pursue making connections across disparate internal and external areas of the business to affect holistic change.
- Facilitate and apply cross-team information flow and collaboration within and outside managed projects.
- Present analysis, solutions, and business cases related to managed projects to senior management.
- Learn from peers to identify opportunities for best practices and improved operations within the SX team.
- Be a delivery agent
- Take accountability for managed projects, frame them properly to define scope, success criteria, timelines, and risks, and then work towards successful completion.
- Oversee successful delivery of project materials (including workflows, tools, or supporting artifacts).
- Apply critical thought to lead cross-functional teams towards solutions effectively.
This position will define, manage, and scale a new portfolio of products and experiences for college and university faculty, which provide the following: course design support, course material implementation training, and learning and development opportunities. This position will also manage Cengage’s existing OER offering.
The new portfolio of products will advance the quality of digital teaching through targeted training, knowledge expansion, and skill development offerings. The vision for this portfolio will be based on research and aligned with the Higher Education group’s strategic direction. Analyzing challenges faced by faculty--grouped into multiple personas--the PM will define the content and its format(s) and prioritize the delivery of the new products as well as the subsequent deprecation of existing products and experiences. Faculty will be viewed and treated like learners; the new offerings must reflect instructional design best practices and should follow Cengage’s Quality Learning Principles. The PM is likewise responsible for optimizing the instructor’s path to accessing the prioritized products, as well as the tracking of the products’ usage/completion and--if relevant--the instructor’s certification. In managing the OER offering, the Product Manager directs the product lifecycle from overall strategic vision to tactical release plans for individual products. The PM makes market-informed and data-driven business proposals for investment and other decisions.
Key Responsibilities:· Define overarching holistic product strategy, to which all team members will contribute in specific ways, through clear deliverables based on expertise· Understand the market and its players to identify appropriate segments and access models for the Cengage offerings· Synthesize segment needs with requirements from cross-functional internal stakeholders to contribute to a 360-degree profile· Determine what materials or experiences should be offered, when in the workflow they will be delivered, and what format they will take· Set clear objectives and timelines to release products to market on time and to spec by leading the development of work plans, gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses, and executing on recommendations· Use usage data and qualitative feedback to iterate on in-market materials and experiences
The Business Operations and Transformation Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day execution of programs that will significantly improve Cengage learning’s business processes by driving our efficiency, effectiveness, and innovation. The individual is part of a team that improves Cengage’s core commercial, business unit, and back-office business outcomes. You will join Cengage Operations, under the COO working with other high caliber operations leaders on programs that make positive impacts, companywide.
Cengage is a collaborative environment. You will support large, cross-functional programs, bring data-first thinking to drive people and process outcomes. The right candidate will possess strategic thinking, effective problem structuring, executive communication, and an ability to influence within diverse teams.
This position is full-time preferably based in either Boston, MA or New York, though other locations considered for the right candidate.
- Lead critical analysis and recommendations on long-range projects
- Define, structure, and execute operational initiatives by developing work plans, gathering, and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses, and developing actionable recommendations
- Identify and unlock sources of value, efficiency, and innovation for the organization
- Design collaboration mechanisms to ensure cross-Cengage synergies are leveraged
- Scale best practices, including by forming a deep understanding of Cengage Learning’s products, processes, systems/tools, personnel, and strategic direction
- Direct a team of high-performance business operations and transformation analysts
- Work with content editors, project managers, systems analysts, software developers, product managers, and others to understand digital product requirements.
- Develop structural and semantic markup strategy to support products requirements.
- Analyze source content and define an approach for making products compliant with standard formats.
- Write test cases and support test script development; validate that conversions produce the right results.
- Review converted content for bugs (and deal with the bugs accordingly).
- Use existing workflows and research industry best practices to reduce conversion time.
As a Software Engineer on the Gale Content Conversion Management team, you’ll join a highly collaborative team that brings over 100 Gale print and digital products to life by delivering the content that students and researchers rely on. As a member of our team, you’ll provide programming analysis, development and support for processes associated with product generation, data acquisition, migration, and various other content transformations. You’ll also have the opportunity to grow and apply your knowledge as the team and company transform to meet the ever-changing needs of research and educational technology.
- Participate in the design, architecture, and implementation of product requirements.
- Write high-quality software.
- Follow department guidelines for version control of source code.
- Develop and execute tests for all the code you write.
- Create wrapper scripts that allow programs to run automatically or are easily executed by the end user. Provide user-friendly directions, script prompts, error messages and reports as needed.
- Perform root cause analysis and technology evaluation.
- Investigate and solve performance problems, finding ways to scale processes while containing costs.
- Interface with end user to determine programming requirements and provide status updates, explanations and instructions.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate and encourage cross-functional participation in discussions, meetings and communications.
- Demonstrate ability to break down and estimate tasks and meet agreed-upon deadlines.
- Demonstrate a continuous improvement mindset regarding processes and work standards.
- Foster cooperation and support, and encourage teamwork.
The Marketing Communications Manager will help develop, oversee, and manage all communications for ed2go—this includes B2B and B2C communications to prospective students, academic and corporate partnerships and internal stakeholders to assist the marketing team in meeting its business objectives to drive market share growth of the ed2go portfolio. This team member will be responsible for creating content to support marketing, sales and business development initiatives. Content will include press releases, blog posts, video scripting, executive and internal communications, white papers and email campaigns, to name a few. The primary focus will be to provide consistent messaging and tone across all communication channels. The Marketing Communications Manager will take direction from the Senior Marketing Communications Manager to ensure other ed2go teams are leveraging appropriate communication channels. The Marketing Communications Manager will also develop compelling messages about their key products/services in collaboration with the Marketing partners, product and technology partners, digital and designers and other key stakeholders.
- Write creative, powerful and persuasive copy for integrated campaigns and marketing deliverables across all channels (print, digital, and multimedia/videos).
- Work with product, creative, channel and digital marketing to understand B2B and B2C segments, go-to-market strategies, unique selling proposition, customer research, and competitive advantages to create compelling campaigns and messaging that persuasively convey the value of ed2go products and delivers against marketing objectives.
- Achieve a high-level satisfaction for internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate and translate data into clear, concise, and compelling message to the target audience.
- Support the adoption of best practices for effective concept and messaging development and measurement.
- Help to maintain brand standards and ensure all messaging and communication are aligned.
- Work within a marketing project management system to ensure project visibility and efficiency of workflow.
- Work with designated external content creators to ensure consistency and excellence in messaging execution.
- Attend and participate in meetings as required, prioritize tasks, and manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- Stay abreast of current communication trends, effective methods of digital communication/delivery, and digital marketing tactics.
- Complete other duties assigned to meet company goals.
The Senior Manager Sales Operations will be responsible for the development and production of tools and analytics that support the US Higher Education Sales organization, as well as driving continuous improvement in process design and execution.
Furthermore, this role will collaborate closely with Sales Leadership in U.S. Higher Ed and other key partners to implement critical initiatives, including Sales coverage models, role definitions, incentive structures, and other strategic priorities. Responsibilities for this role include:
- Owning the development and ongoing production of sales analytics tools for both front-line sales professionals, management, and senior leadership.
- Crafting and executing sales incentive plans, target setting and management, providing timely reporting of progress to the Sales organization, and ensuring smooth execution of the plans throughout the fiscal year.
- Leading cross-functional programs, providing both project management to hold partners accountable, as well as thought leadership to build consensus and shared opinions across on key initiatives.
- Provide Sales and Executive Leadership with data-driven, meaningful insights on both in-flight and completed sales campaigns, including recommended changes or actions.
- Working with sales leadership and partners across the organization to develop and implement pivotal initiatives, sales compensation design and administration, recruiting and selection of sales force talent.
- Partnering with other functions (e.g. Finance, HR) to support the operations, efficiency, and efficiency of the Sales team.
- Cultivates an organization of continuous process improvement within the Sales function to enable execution of strategic priorities for the Higher Ed business.
- Support ongoing development of junior level team members in both quantitative and qualitative skill sets.
The Senior Development Editor is a member of the National Geographic Learning Team and manages in-house and out-of-house development of both print and digital CBE (Content-based English) programs. CBE publications target K12 EMI (English Medium Instruction) schools in countries where English is not an official language. National Geographic Learning’s EMI program is a strategic growth initiative for the company, targeting the fast-growing, “global language arts” sector. The Senior Development Editor position involves analyzing, preparing, reviewing, editing and writing content; collaborating with in-house editors; managing authors, writers, and other outside resources; project scheduling and tracking; budget tracking; content quality assurance, and creating/executing product enhancement strategies.
As a Senior Development Editor, you are accountable for the entire lifecycle of your products. You participate in creating your product strategy by developing hypotheses, evaluating data, analyzing market and competitive trends, testing ideas in the market, iterating, and ultimately making product decisions based on evidence and insights. While keeping in alignment with business priorities, you take customer needs from concept to launch, focusing on timely delivery, holistic product quality, and an effective learning experience. You are the voice of the customer. Your products bring real-world experiences into classrooms, empower students with acquired knowledge and critical thinking, and improve students’ marketable skillsets.
- Seasoned relationship builder with high integrity who successfully influences stakeholders and empowers team to creatively develop differentiated features, including product briefs, author and editor guidelines
- Serve as the expert on your market to develop highly differentiated materials that exceed market expectations and be accountable for day to day product decision making
- Manages all stages of the process of all or major program components for flagship projects by setting clear objectives and timelines, maintaining schedules, accounting for interdependencies for entire product array, in order to release a product to market on time and within scope
- Hires and manages outside freelance writers and development editors, and supervises in-house assistant and associate editors on the project as needed in order to bring projects to completion within specified deadlines and budgets
- Utilizes excellent editing, project management skills, organization, and clear communication to drive decision-making and progress throughout product development lifecycle
- Engage key sales & marketing stakeholders during development to ensure strong sales launch in market and to help shape the go-to-market product strategy
- Responsible for engaging key accounts during development that will improve the product and facilitate more adoptions and achieve greater sales
- Travel on campus and/or respond to customers to help close business, while researching needs and testing product assumptions
- Participates in marketing and sales strategy and support activities, including training sales reps at sales meetings so they are prepared to sell and overcome objections
- Performs other duties as needed to meet department and company goals
Know the User:
Know their workflows, needs, value drivers, decision making process, and unstated intent and goals.
- Identify the key users who will drive growth
- Clearly articulate the target users' workflows
- Understand their goals, value drivers, and unstated intent
- Document user decision making process and relative importance of decision criteria
- Understand the role of content and pedagogical approach in key disciplines (and implication for digital builds)
Know the market:
Understand the market, the products, major course areas, our competitors, and the route to market.
- Clearly document competitive landscape and key discipline overlay
- Understand and document the relative competitive position of Cengage products and feature area versus competition
- Know which of the priority course areas / disciplines drives growth for the platform and the relative importance of value drivers between the priority disciplines (if any)
- Have clear evaluation in decision making of the impact our decisions have on go to market
Know our business:
Understand our business context – mission, strategy, competitive differentiators, activations, sell through, sources of activations growth, business resources.
- Understand and articulate the Online Skills strategy and how their work ladders up to the Cengage strategy (role within the mission)
- Seek or define clarification for areas of the Online Skills strategy that are unclear (make and confirm documented assumptions to allow progress to be made)
- Document the articulation of our platform and workflow specific competitive differentiators and disadvantages
- Define, track, and understand implication of all key user KPIs (e.g. activations, usage by site area of responsibility, DAU/WAU/MAU, engagement metrics including content type usage)
- Understand and articulate how their area and work ladders up to the larger platform and Online Skills objectives
Make bold business decisions:
Decisions will move us forward while understanding the business risks associated with them and implications for all other stakeholders (Discipline Product Managers, Production, Marketing, Sales, Engineering, Architects etc.).
- Define creative solutions to key user needs that advance our strategy
- Clearly balance the 'reusability/scale' considerations with decisions that delivery value for the specific priority discipline/program at hand
- Make decisions that advance the business strategy and explicitly evaluate and mitigate the risks associated
- Clearly evaluate the following when making decisions:
- Alignment to platform and Online Skills strategy and stated goals
- Workflow of the discipline editorial teams (including digital production schedules)
- Workflow of the go to market teams
- Actively manage the technology risk, debt and non-functional requirements as part of the roadmap
Be an Integrator:
Lead cross-functionally at all levels. Push information and drive understanding of the strategy and path of execution.
- Maintain an open and updated and prioritized backlog that has a clearly understandable set of user intent / value stories
- Actively communicate with all relevant stakeholders (Global Product Technology, Global Product Management and Go To Market)
- Understand and owns decision that impact other Cengage stakeholders and users
- Define and create training for other team members in areas of skill and knowledge in which they excel
Own and Lead the digital delivery process:
Understand the overall process and their role in the ‘idea to build’ process.
- Manage, prioritize and execute on the program roadmap through user stories and excellent cross functional communication with Engineering, Architecture, QA, GPM, and other Technical Product Management team members
- Make time personally and for the team to invest in planning the next build cycle during the current build cycle
- Communicates vision, strategy, and business value effectively to program team & stakeholders
- Maintain a clearly documented articulation of 'the why' and makes sure that the user imperative and goal of each story and epic is understood by the team and relevant stakeholders
- Develop other requirements artifacts (thin slice, process maps/flows etc.) to support the development process
- Successful delivery of software development projects
- Maintain scope and meeting established timelines
- Ensure that all go-to-market enabling activities are executed per plan including sales-enablement training, release communications, and product documentation
- Effectively manage and groom backlog, with sufficient lead time for team to plan the work
- Demonstrates proactive ownership of problems until they find a clear solution
- Consistently deliver planned roadmap value
- Proactively manage interdependencies across teams
Know our platforms and systems:
Demonstrate foundational understanding of our systems and architecture – importantly how they impact our decision-making process.
- Demonstrate foundational understanding of our systems and architecture
- Make decisions understanding the architectural roadmap and the tradeoffs implied by that
- Internalize and be able to articulate the implications of the system level diagram / relationships on the program / EPIC at hand