Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Click column header to sort
- Support Milady Account Manager efforts in selling digital solutions by focusing teaching and learning models.
- Model and reinforce Consultative Selling Skills framework, resulting in a targeted approach to identifying, qualifying and closing business opportunities.
- Partner with Account Managers in digital learning solution sales by participating as needed in sales discussions and demonstrating depth of Cengage digital solutions support
- Dedicatedly engage with existing customers to drive retention of digital adoptions
- Provide digital training and product implementation support for sales teams and customers.
- Provide virtual and in-person product training for customers
- Maintain a relationship with IT administrators and digital learning specialists at key digital accounts and partner to ensure smooth digital implementation. Should maintain up to date knowledge of all systems, policies and procedures in schools that can and could affect successful implementation of digital products.
- Provide weekly post-sale updates to Account Managers as needed and daily updates to the Implementation database.
- Coordinate with Managers and others to ensure complete customer service for digital adoptions.
- Take intervention action as necessary to improve customer service experience.
- Provide feedback to LRS, Product Development, Marketing, Account Managers and customers
- Provide editorial, sales, and marketing with competitive information and customer feedback regarding our digital solutions and print products with the stated goal of improving customer experience, efficacy and engagement.
- Ensure the transfer of product knowledge to the sales team by working with Account Managers and calling on customers.
- Identify and provide discipline/school trends to Editorial, Marketing and Product Development, resulting in the development of future product opportunities.
- Execute on faculty engagement campaigns for the archive program to drive new sales and gap sales within territory with guidance from Inside Sales Management and Director of Academic Product Sales.
- Initiate and schedule outbound calls (Zoom or Phone) with key faculty to inform them of potential Gale Primary Source collections to support research and instruction.
- Work closely with Inside Sales Manager and Director of Academic Product sales to identify inside and field account targets to ensure pipeline build, lead qualification, and sales closure
- Follow-up and further qualify MQL (Marketing Qualified Leads) generated for Gale Primary Sources products
- Represent Gale at faculty conferences, exhibitions and trade shows where needed
- Provide support and coordination for key regional faculty engagement events
- Working with management to Identify and coordinate key product focused or customer focused campaigns around Gale Primary Sources to drive new sales opportunities
- Forecast projected sales accurately on a monthly basis within the GPS product line, and insure that activity is updated in CRM systems on a regular basis
- Uncover opportunities and solicit information from academic staff and researchers through effective questioning and listening
- Work closely with the rest of the sales team and with other departments such as marketing, customer care, sales support and product development by offering market feedback and intelligence around the GPS product line
- Develop and maintain a Territory Plan for businesses and associations in the assigned territory utilizing sales database tool
- Generate realistic sales targets for both our installed business and ambitious takeaways
- Build strategic plans for high value opportunities, including sales campaigns, custom project specifications and digital presentations
- Develop itineraries and effectively utilize personnel and other resources, via Territory Planning process, to achieve sales objectives
- Collaborate with Sales Support Specialist, Customer Service, and other sales personnel to achieve district and territory sales objectives
- Participate in directing the strategy for development of District Business Plan to improve use of team resources
- Develop daily plans utilizing sales system to optimize sales calls
- Develop and implement plan for effective strategic sampling of e-samples and print
- Develop relationships with Resellers and Buyers to strategize sell-through and promotional campaigns and demonstrate understanding of retail business
- Attend conventions and evaluate sales/editorial opportunities as appropriate
- Use Consultative Selling Skills framework to build lasting relationships with key instructors across assigned schools
The Inside Strategic Account Manager (iSAM) is an inside sales position, responsible for the development of profitable revenue from selected career colleges within an assigned territory. The sales model will be at the instructor and/or director of education level, but also at the owner/operator level of business-to-business selling. The position will work collaboratively with Cengage business units, sales management and the field Strategic Account Managers (SAMs) to build strategic relationships, develop teaching and learning solutions, and grow revenue at the institutional level. This model will require the development of new business models as well as personal selling to textbook and technology platform decision-makers.
This position exists to plan, organize and implement selling strategies within an assigned sales territory while partnering with field based Strategic Account Managers (SAMs) to achieve established sales targets and goals of our entire product line, including digital materials. He/she will build relationships and represent and promote Cengage products to all customers. In addition, the Inside Strategic Account Manager will advise individual product specialization areas of marketing trends, competitive developments, and editorial opportunities in the field. The Inside Strategic Account Manager will handle other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
Plan, organize, and prioritize sales strategies to achieve established sales targets with Strategic Account Manager.
- Identify opportunities for Cengage content, deliverable through traditional texts, eBook, and technology products that represent maximum revenue opportunity
- Based on primary account assignments, develop and revise territory plans for each primary school assignment, utilizing sales database tools
- Generate realistic sales targets for all opportunities for both our installed business and competitive takeaways, for both primary and secondary account assignments
- Create strategic plans for opportunities (including sales campaigns and digital presentations) both independently and collaborating with field SAM partner, for both primary and secondary accounts assignments
- Develop itineraries and effectively utilize personnel and other resources to achieve sales objectives
- Develop and execute daily plans utilizing sales system to optimize sales calls to both the individual calls to the campuses’ decision makers, as well as team sales calls to the relevant corporate entities
- Develop and implement plan for effective strategic sampling of e-samples and print, managing to your assigned budget, as well as teaming with technology resources to effectively demo targeted Cengage technologies
Represent and promote Cengage products to all customers to achieve and/or exceed established sales targets and goals
- Conduct sales calls via the telephone and Zoom web conferencing tool
- Represent full lists across discipline and school revenue responsibilities
- Sell digital products and align with company initiatives on digital in all sales calls
- Use consultative selling skills to create lasting relationships with key instructors across assigned schools
- Strong demonstration skills of full product offering, including print and digital solutions
Represent and facilitate pre and post sales needs for targeted customers, including but not limited to
- Develop customer relationships with key individuals at the campuses to identify revenue opportunities, while maintaining accurate information in tracking system (Magellan) for both primary and secondary account assignments
- Matching of content to customers’ needs, including course mapping projects, account research, etc.
- Demonstrate technologies to generate interest and larger opportunities; in addition to assisting in customer trainings as needed
- Create and collaborate with Strategic Account Manager on customer proposals, executive briefings, and other initiatives to maintain and increase Cengage market share
Manage territory resources
- Qualify sampling needs in advance to avoid excess in shipping costs and units
- Review sales and sampling reports to impact cost effectiveness of sales process
- Manage territory resources effectively and work closely with management on budgets
Manage communications and reporting
- Exhibit proficient use of technology communication tools
- Report to manager as required
- Update and maintain accurate and timely business records including contact management, market trends and competitive analysis for each existing and targeted account using customer database (Magellan) based on primary/secondary account assignments
- Submit daily reports as required
- Ensure the highest quality student experience from an individual’s first contact with the school through his or her initial enrollment by leveraging our processes and infrastructure.
- Generate student enrollment by calling on prospective students, advising them on how the school can meet their educational and career needs and guides qualified applicants through the admissions and enrollment process.
- Complete all required reports regarding sales and sales campaigns, market feedback and team territory management activities.
- Maximize your sales conversations using a proven sales methodology and time management techniques.
- Manage your pipeline to meet/exceed all assigned revenue and enrollment objectives.
Plan, organize, and prioritize sales strategies to achieve established sales targets
- Develop and maintain a Territory Plan for the assigned open territories utilizing sales tools and resources including the sales force CRM (Magellan)
- Work with other sales personnel (e.g. Customer Success Managers and Key Account Managers) to achieve open territory and regional sales goals
- Participate in the planning process to develop fully informed District Business Plans to prioritize and maximize the use of team resources
- Develop and follow through on daily plans to optimize sales potential within each open territory
Represent and promote Cengage Learning products to all customers to achieve or exceed sales targets
- Prospect, qualify, and close sales by phone, email contact, and technology demonstrations
- Sell Cengage Unlimited, required digital (standalone or digital bundles), and custom into every sales call
- Utilize the Digital Selling Journey framework to advance sales calls and maintain relationships with key decision makers
Develop and report content partnership opportunities at assigned accounts by reporting competitive market information and working as a liaison with the product teams to sign content partnership contracts:
- Actively integrate, and report faculty and content partnership opportunities, into daily selling activities by seeking author contributors for content development for our printed titles, supplements, and digital products
- Identify and report trends that could generate new content, fresh ideas or business models for Cengage
Manage communications and reporting
- Exhibit proficient use of technology communication tools
- Update and maintain our CRM (Magellan)
- Report to the Director of Sales as required
- Fulfill team support roles as required
- Communicate & coordinate effectively as required with other sales personnel